background

Monday, January 31, 2011

Single Girl...

I am thrilled to be taking part in the Single Girl Support Group on flickr!

I do realize I am married, thus NOT single, ha ha, but this is the Denyse Schmidt "Single Girl" quilt along :D


This pattern has been in and out of my "cart" at Alewives Fabrics for months, and finally I had an excuse to purchase it.

My friend and I spent some time yesterday on the phone and on Superbuzzy discussing a color theme and selecting fabrics for the quilt. There is a half-yard minimum on these lovely Japanese fabrics, so it works out perfectly they we have the same vision and taste in fabrics, enabling us to split half-yards. Here is what we came up with!

Single Girl

Aren't the colors just delicious? We are opting to make a throw-sized quilt and are still deciding which background fabric to go with. I am pretty sure I want to go with a soft nuetral linen, but I won't be sure until I get to see the fabrics together in person.


This picture of Denyse Schmidt's Single Girl is of her twin size quilt, we figure 6 circles would make a perfect sized throw quilt.

The best thing about this group is the talented quilters that are in it, and in charge of it! Many of these quilters/bloggers have also been in the swaps I have participated in over the past year. This makes it the best of both worlds...a super fun bunch of gals to inspire me and (the best part) I get to keep this for myself ;D I have decided to slow down on my swaps and bees this year, and use that time to work on some of the quilts I have been wanting to make, but haven't had the time to.

So, do you think you might want to join the quilt along too???

Happy quilting,
Colette

1 comment:

  1. Colette, those fabrics are beautiful! I agree with thinking that a neutral background is the way to go! I have SO many quilts, I've decided to stick to small swaps for the moment - quite the opposite to you! Look forward to seeing how the Single Girl develops!

    ReplyDelete