background

Monday, February 7, 2011

What Did You Do?

Last night's Superbowl game was super exciting! I was rooting for the Steelers, but I can't complain because the Packers did play the better game :D For the first time in several years, we opted to skip a Superbowl party to stay home and watch it as a family. This was perfect, as I was able to snuggle up in my jammies with R.'s quilt and hand stitch her binding on. What crafty goodness did you do while watching the game last night???


On Saturday I was able to finish up the FMQ (I had run out of thread 3/4 of the way through ~ AAARGH ~ and had to wait for a giant spool to arrive via snail mail!) and got the binding machine stitched to the front.


Really, my favorite part of the whole quilting process is the point where you get to cut off the excess batting and backing from the quilt (It just all of a sudden feels almost finished!) and I simply lurve the hand stitching of binding. I usually whip out the binding super speedy in anticipation of getting the quilt washed up! I just love the way a quilt shrinks a bit (I do NOT prewash my fabrics) and gets all of those vintagey looking puckers after a spin through the washer and dryer! Sigh. I got half finished with the binding last night, and look forward to finishing it while I help R. with her schoolwork today ;D

Happy quilting,
Colette

1 comment:

  1. We do have a lot in common Colette- I LOVE doing the hand binding too! It's that last satisfying step that makes all the time and effort worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete