background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Who Would Have Thought?


Totally swooning over this fat quarter stack of batiks I put together last week. Who would have thought that I would be buying batiks? I know, right? Ha ha, in all of my swaps under "dislikes" I have ALWAYS listed batiks. Not my usual style, but these are soooo lovely!

A friend of mine has been working up a quilt using batiks and swears that they are fabulous to work with. She took me on a little trip to her LQS and I was amazed by all of the color/print varieties. I prefer the more subtle tone on tone prints rather than the loud and bright ones.

I just love LOVE love the pale shades of cream, blue, yellow, and gray ~ my favorite new color story. In fact, I am going to redecorate my house this summer and these are the colors I plan on designing around. This little stack will be a throw quilt for my living room. Oh and just a little side note -- my Husband is a fan of batiks so this one will be made especially for him :D

Happy quilting,
Colette

2 comments:

  1. They are indeed a pretty stack..and hubbie should be chuffed with a quilt especially for HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see how this one turns out. The colors in your batiks are absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete